My Device Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:10:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Apple TV IP driver is now available.  Download the trial today from www.mydevice.com.au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Media Center  (Read 98742 times)
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »

And this is where the problems start... you want Media Browser, another guy wants My Movies and next thing you know i have to support both.

Honestly, I'd prefer to support neither!
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »

I will use either one, however Media Browser looks better for me.Just chose one Matt ,see how it will go. whatever in your eyes its better
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:01:57 AM by DLPaul » Logged
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »

I don't want to turn this post into a debate over the 2 but I believe the market where RTI is pointed towards is not at DIY it is towards integrators that are after a whole solution and MyMovies is a server client based media solution that handles burning and integrates movies and TV Shows perfectly into Media center interface and lets not forget the driver is for media center and if it can not be integrated into the current movie setup in Media center then I think MyMovies is much more likely and currently is being used on more integrated systems as a very client based easy to use system which is what MediaBrowser is not ?

The feedback from customers as this is how I am trying to see all this is that they want a solution that will burn DVD and bluray and auto lookup metadata etc and appear in media center and MyMovies will do all this and act as a standalone burner etc that will import into the standard media center movies section which if Matt can get the standard movies going will still be able to be used but if he cannot then it can be explored further with MyMovies integration.

I just believe the market for these drivers are to integrators and I would not install MediaBrowser on a customers computer as it requires to much user interaction and offers no burning features.

Sorry for the long winded post but Matt I know your time is valuable so it is just my feedback as an integrator to advise as to what I believe is a solution that you will be able to sell a lot.

If it helps as I am sure you have probably seen is www.vidabox.com their system is only sold to integrators and uses the MyMovies platform as the base for all movie, TV Shows and Music management and I think they were also at Cedia last year in Australia ?

DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

How close you are to send out new beta for testing Matt?
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »

How close you are to send out new beta for testing Matt?

Not very.  The music library browsing is a big task and I just haven't had the time to devote to it these past few weeks.  Sorry.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:33 PM »

Added shortcut support for My Movies today.

So far you can jump directly to:
My Movies
TV
Trailers

I'll add jump links to the search functions at some point.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

Cool, cool. Is another beta ready for testing?
JPixel

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »

So I'm running version 10 windows 7 64bit XP-8 & iPad.

Still no cover art  Sad

I can view the art via Firefox though. Song data (except images) comes through just fine. Am I doing something wrong?
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

So I'm running version 10 windows 7 64bit XP-8 & iPad.

Still no cover art  Sad

I can view the art via Firefox though. Song data (except images) comes through just fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not.  I'll see if i can push the latest version out in the next day or so.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »

Hey Matt,

Any news on new beta?
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »

Hey Matt

Any progress on this as there has been no action here for a while ?
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »

Hey Matt

Any progress on this as there has been no action here for a while ?

No, XBMC and Sonos are taking up all my time at the moment.
mattmanalis

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2012, 04:53:13 PM »

Hi Matt,

I am interested in this driver, any idea when it will make its way up the priority list?
AndyA

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »

Hello Mat  Any word on beta or can we get test copy I'm also instrested in this driver

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: