My Device Forums
April 23, 2024, 10:38:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sonos Basic has been released!  Download the trial today from www.mydevice.com.au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC Frodo 12.1 -- D NAV not skipping in video playback -- no password field  (Read 4983 times)
fastedd27

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »

First off.... thank you!! Smiley  Love all the hard work you have done and I cant wait to start using it full time.  Theres just a couple tweaks I'm looking for... hopefully I'm just overlooking something.  Heres what I'm having isssues with.

I'm working with XBMC 12.1 and I had been using ir control for complete control of xbmc.  Normal behavior for xbmc is for the left/right arrows to step video forward and backward 30 sec and up/down to do the big step.  However when using the driver...no matter which up/down/left/right commands i choose i can not get the skipping feature to function.  the normal 4 way navigation works but doesnt do anything during video playback.  Using the dedicated step forward/backward commands are fine for the ipad interface but when using a remote...having the d-pad work for skipping if very handy and would love to see this fuction to work as it does with a keyboard or mce ir remote.

I also noticed that in the setup portion of the driver... there is no way to use a non default username/password for the http interface.  Would also love to see this work as well as I use some other software that requires xbmc http interface to use a password for it to function properly.

Thanks for your time
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

Hi,

These are separate commands when controlling via IP.  To do what you're suggesting would require some black magic to make the command change when video playback is detected.  Certainly not impossible, but I'm concerned if I make this change lots of other users will complain as it no longer functions the same as the native XBMC iOS app.

The user/password stuff is something i'm looking into.  I've had a few requests to support different user profiles which requires this as well.

Cheers,
Matt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: