My Device Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:57:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ELK/NESS M1 driver released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonos  (Read 119242 times)
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »

Any news on release date yet?

The driver is done. Just finalizing the webstore.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »

Well, we just couldn't wait for the webstore to be finished.  It's almost done, but having some issues making the unlock codes correctly so i'll be doing it manually for a few days until it's sorted.

Anyhow, the Sonos Basic driver has finally been released and is available to play with on our website!
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »

While i remember, there is a known bug (RTI have confirmed it) in RTIPanel that can cause cover art images that have certain characters in the path name to not display on the iPhone and iPad.

The bug has already been fixed and will be pushed out in the next RTIPanel app update, so you'll just have to be patient Smiley

Cheers,
Matt.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »

Sonos Basic v1.1 : Just a quick update to keep a few people happy.  I've increase the zones available from 16 to 20 and added the ability to Link/Drop zones.

Download available from our website:

http://mydevice.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=10

Happy Halloween everyone!
Urban Intelligence
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »

Matt,

Just downloaded v1.2 I'm finding that the timeout stops working after a certain amount of time after re-sending the file to the xp8.

this was also present in the original release.  I use the timeout in co-ordination with an event to automatically turn on/off the amplifier once the zp90 starts/stops playing.

??
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »

Matt,

Just downloaded v1.2 I'm finding that the timeout stops working after a certain amount of time after re-sending the file to the xp8.

this was also present in the original release.  I use the timeout in co-ordination with an event to automatically turn on/off the amplifier once the zp90 starts/stops playing.

??

Are you saying the events stop working?  Is this a trial or fully licensed driver?  The trial will obviously only work for 60 minutes.  If you are having issues with the licensed version, send me an email and i'll get you to enable logging.

Cheers,
Matt.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

Morning All,

I've just posted a new version (1.5) of the Sonos Basic driver on our website.  It's got a fix that stops a memory leak and speeds up the handling of feedback decoding (from the Sonos gear) which is especially important on an XP8.

I highly recommend applying the update.

Cheers,
Matt.
RayoVac

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

I did indeed.  I have an xp6 on my test bench now.  Sonos is not playing nice with the xp6 though... we're still investigating why.

Matt,

I know your on 1.5 now... are there any notable problems left with the XP-6?

Thanks,

Rayo
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »

I did indeed.  I have an xp6 on my test bench now.  Sonos is not playing nice with the xp6 though... we're still investigating why.

Matt,

I know your on 1.5 now... are there any notable problems left with the XP-6?

Thanks,

Rayo

Hi Rayo,

With 1.5 there are no known problems with the XP6.

Cheers,
Matt.
highcountry

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2011, 04:57:55 AM »

Matt,

I am working with an XP8 and must say that 1.5 has helped the driver quite a bit. It is getting faster. One question what is the zone subscription option in the XP Driver window and would I use this to my advantage, if any?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:04:46 AM by highcountry » Logged
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2011, 08:36:51 AM »

Matt,

I am working with an XP8 and must say that 1.5 has helped the driver quite a bit. It is getting faster. One question what is the zone subscription option in the XP Driver window and would I use this to my advantage, if any?

Thanks

Excellent, that's good to hear. 

I assume you're talking about the "Zone Subscription Period"?  This value is a debug setting that is normally hidden.  It's more for me to help track down bugs than anything.

Simply put, it determines how often the driver registers with each sonos device to receive unsolicited data.  The default value is one hour (3600 seconds).  Making this number smaller will slow down your XP due to the immense amount of data that gets sent.  Making it bigger may result in the sonos device not responding for a period of time as i have no idea what the upper limit on this is.  My advice, leave it how you found it Smiley
RayoVac

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

Matt,

Tried out the driver today.  Seems to work pretty darn well.  One question I have (hopefully not previously answered).

XP-6 using Zigbee with T3-V+, is Wifi required for the Album Art?  I notice if I leave the Wifi off on the remote, I still get control, text tags etc. from the XP-6, but don't get the Album Art Image.  If I turn Wifi on, I get the Art.

Is this working as expected?

Also... how is progress going toward the Pro version, playlist selection etc.

Thanks,

Rayo
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2011, 01:58:55 PM »

Matt,

Tried out the driver today.  Seems to work pretty darn well.  One question I have (hopefully not previously answered).

XP-6 using Zigbee with T3-V+, is Wifi required for the Album Art?  I notice if I leave the Wifi off on the remote, I still get control, text tags etc. from the XP-6, but don't get the Album Art Image.  If I turn Wifi on, I get the Art.

Is this working as expected?

Also... how is progress going toward the Pro version, playlist selection etc.

Thanks,

Rayo

Yes you need Wifi for coverart.  It might (Huh) work via zigbee, but i suspect it'd take a LONG time for the coverart to appear.  It's way more data than zigbee is designed to transport.

I've done some work on Pro, but am taking a break over xmas/new year.  Will get stuck into it in the new year.

Cheers,
Matt.
RayoVac

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 01:16:43 AM »

Yes you need Wifi for coverart.  It might (Huh) work via zigbee, but i suspect it'd take a LONG time for the coverart to appear.  It's way more data than zigbee is designed to transport.

I've done some work on Pro, but am taking a break over xmas/new year.  Will get stuck into it in the new year.

Cheers,
Matt.

Cool... that is what I was thinking.  I didn't really wait that long on Zigbee to see if the art showed up eventually, I just switched back to Wifi to see that it worked.

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Rayo
innovative AV

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »

I have a project that we have 5 RK3V's in. the processor is an XP8 also with (2) T2C+'s..... how well does this work with the inwalls. album art may not be that big of a deal, but control will be
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: