My Device Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sonos Basic has been released!  Download the trial today from www.mydevice.com.au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wifi Connection status  (Read 9778 times)
Chief
Regular

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »

Hi guys,

A driver that could give you some feedback on a remote's connecting status and signal strength. I know there are some special characters you can use for signal strength, but what if you'd like to customize the images shown, or even have a text number value instead of an image.

For example a T3V that only has 802  .... using a variable that could be tested in a macro to see if the connection is complete, so it could then proceed with the rest of the macro.

Maybe even a zigbee version too?

Thanks
Dazza
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »

A nice idea, but to the best of my knowledge it's not possible.  The operating system in the XP8 (and remotes) doesn't expose this information.  It would require the RTI folk to work some magic in the firmware before such a driver could be written.

Hi guys,

A driver that could give you some feedback on a remote's connecting status and signal strength. I know there are some special characters you can use for signal strength, but what if you'd like to customize the images shown, or even have a text number value instead of an image.

For example a T3V that only has 802  .... using a variable that could be tested in a macro to see if the connection is complete, so it could then proceed with the rest of the macro.

Maybe even a zigbee version too?

Thanks
Dazza

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: