My Device Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sonos Basic has been released!  Download the trial today from www.mydevice.com.au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple TV IP Driver  (Read 23475 times)
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »

My Device is very happy to announce the immediate availability of an IP driver for the Apple TV!

This driver is an IR replacement driver for controlling the Apple TV.
Free up an IR port on your XP processor and avoid having to spend time running cable for the emitter!
Adds all the same commands as the IR remote:
  • Cursor control (up/down/left/right)
  • Menu
  • Select
  • Play/Pause

Plus a few more:
  • Jump to Home Screen
  • Context Menu
  • Play
  • Pause
  • Next
  • Previous

Feedback variables are provided that indicate the name of the paired Apple TV and its connection state.

Grab the one hour time limited demo from here:
Download link
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »

News article about our recent ATV driver:

http://www.cepro.com/article/apple_tv_gen_2_and_3_cracked_rti_gets_two-way_ip_control/
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »

Version 3.0 of our ATV driver is now available for download.

It adds much greater coverart support and remote browsing of your iTunes Radio Stations!
jackpollo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »

Hi, I purchased an Apple TV IP driver, and installed it on an RTI XP processor.
I have 3 ATVs to control.
With the first ATV everything is ok, included coverart and control but with the second I can't control anything.
in the ATV settings -> remotes I can see the little chain in "My Device" and the configuration is the same for all the ATVs, so I can't understand why it doesn't respond.

Thank you

Giacomo
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »

Hi, I purchased an Apple TV IP driver, and installed it on an RTI XP processor.
I have 3 ATVs to control.
With the first ATV everything is ok, included coverart and control but with the second I can't control anything.
in the ATV settings -> remotes I can see the little chain in "My Device" and the configuration is the same for all the ATVs, so I can't understand why it doesn't respond.

Thank you

Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

Please check that if you use using the "selected unit" method of control, that when you change to the control page for the 2nd/3rd ATV that you are calling the System -> Set Current() function.  If you don't do this, then all commands will be going to the first ATV.

Matt.
travisbenelli2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »

So I have purchased 3 AppleTV 3rd Generation IP drivers.  3 separate projects one appleTV each. 
    The first project is using an XP6 RTI Processor and an AppleTV 2nd Gen.  Troubles include constant disconnection from AppleTV, loss of metadata while still maintaining control,  Then the reverse loss of metadata with control.  The remote chain setup page on appleTV shows 5-10 remote chain connections after a few days of functional use.  AppleTV control feedback metadata always shows connected but control is sporadic.
    The second project is using an XP8s RTI Processor and an AppleTV 3rd gen.  Troubles include complete disconnection within 20 minutes.  once I delete chain and reattach remote it works for a short time  before disconnect again.
    The Third project is using another XP6 RTI processor and an AppleTV 3rd gen.  Troubles mirror the 1st scenario except the feedback metadata follows the function of the remote.  If its working it says yes.  When it doesn't it says no.  The remote chain has to be erased and reset for it to work.

Any input would be helpful as the drivers are useless at this point.
Peter911

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »

Dear Mat,

will this Driver work with new Applt TV 4 (tvOS)?

Thanks.
BR Peter
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »

Dear Mat,

will this Driver work with new Applt TV 4 (tvOS)?

Thanks.
BR Peter

I'm assuming this is you being funny, right?
Given it's not available to the public (myself included) there is no way to know.
Once I can buy one, I will.  I will share the results then.

travisbenelli2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:22:13 PM »

Just Curious, The APL3 Driver had station selection and feedback via a Data list.  The Apl4 driver doesnt seem to have this....is this correct?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: