My Device Forums
April 20, 2024, 11:04:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Apple TV IP driver is now available.  Download the trial today from www.mydevice.com.au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonos Driver on Latest XP-3 Firmware  (Read 10683 times)
CJL

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

Hi all,

Just updated an RTI XP-3 to the latest firmware (1.5) and the Sonos interface, which was working great, stopped receiving feedback, ie. no song info or cover art....

Rolled back to 1.3 and works like a charm again. Have not tried this on any other processor. Is it just me?

Colin
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »

Hi Colin,

You are correct, the latest XP firmware breaks the Sonos driver functionality.  Our driver has always (up until now) used an undocumented feature, which RTI have changed in the latest firmware.

Rather than fixing this in the Sonos Basic driver (which would be a LOT of work), I'm pushing ahead with the "pro" version.  This will be a free upgrade to anyone with a current license.

Cheers,
Matt.

Hi all,

Just updated an RTI XP-3 to the latest firmware (1.5) and the Sonos interface, which was working great, stopped receiving feedback, ie. no song info or cover art....

Rolled back to 1.3 and works like a charm again. Have not tried this on any other processor. Is it just me?

Colin
vettstr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Hi Matt any progress report on the Pro version?
kurtbzdyk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »

Hi Matt - Any news on the Sonos driver for RTI. Kinda need the zone on feedback to trigger an event. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: