My Device Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:39:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: My Device is now a Global Cache Strategic Alliance partner!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Media Center  (Read 98735 times)
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »

Any progress Matt? Happy New Year for My Device team

Nope, still on holiday Smiley
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

Lucky you   Wink, but thats ok rest well we need your mind to be fresh and sharp
speedownsie
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 05:36:19 AM »

Cyberlink's Powerdvd puts itself into media centre, now if only there was some way to call a ripped bd-iso. It has to be mounted in a virtual bd drive, once mounted it can be controlled with the MC driver.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 07:48:48 AM »

Cyberlink's Powerdvd puts itself into media centre, now if only there was some way to call a ripped bd-iso. It has to be mounted in a virtual bd drive, once mounted it can be controlled with the MC driver.

Sorry, i'm not even going to attempt to add 3rd party stuff until the main plugin is rock solid.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »

My Movies also have plug-ins for ripping movies and music.
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »

I second the mymovies plugin or media browser also but I do agree I want a rock solid control setup before I want to start testing with my movies ! But I think you will find if you use the my movies collection management software for windows home server that rips movies and music and don't use the media centre version the info goes straight into the standard movies for media centre section ?
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

A few screenshots showing what i've been working on...

Still a lot to do, but it's getting there.

* root.PNG (542.98 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1341 times.)

* music.PNG (541.95 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1305 times.)

* artists.PNG (553.53 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1275 times.)

* albums.PNG (553.9400000000001 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1284 times.)

* genres.PNG (549.13 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1318 times.)

* songs.PNG (555.08 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1321 times.)
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »

Love your work Matt!!

I noticed on the first screen it had Movies and TV is there a chance this could work with recorded TV etc and have you got anything working regarding the movies ?

Autonomic seem to have it working with recorded TV and movies etc but is it as easy to perform the same tasks without using their software as it is quite pricey !

Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »

Love your work Matt!!

I noticed on the first screen it had Movies and TV is there a chance this could work with recorded TV etc and have you got anything working regarding the movies ?

Autonomic seem to have it working with recorded TV and movies etc but is it as easy to perform the same tasks without using their software as it is quite pricey !

Yes the plan is to support Movies and recorded TV.  I have no idea if it's possible, but i'm assuming it must be Smiley

At the moment the driver queries all artists/albums/tracks at startup and caches everything so there's very little delay while browseing.  I only have 200 songs in my test library so how it'll work with tens of thousands is anyones guess!

I have a few old tv tuner cards that i need to see if i can get working so i can test the live tv stuff.  I have this bad feeling there won't be drivers for them though under Win7.

M.
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »

Great to hear !!

Let me know if I can help test as I am running 2 media centers running Win7 and mymovies with about 100GB of music and 900 movies and XP8, 2 iPads and a T2C at my home ??

The main server media center has 2 dual tuner cards in it totalling 4 tuners so should be a great test when you get to that stage ?
 I am more interested in when you get to the movies and recorded TV as I use squeezebox Duet for music because of access to Rhapsody etc.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »

Well i have managed to get a list of the recorded tv shows on my media center... movies are proving to be somewhat more difficult.

It's almost as if Microsoft thought, you plan to watch a movie, what possible need could you have to view that list away from the tv...
techindesign
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

For the movies I would be looking into mymovies as it is a lot more open to control as you would be getting the movie info from there server and clients rather than media center ? Also it is the most widely used software for movies on media center as it is a all in one solution and if you wanted to be adventurous you may be even able to include the DVD copy feature they have that runs within media center also but now I am asking the impossible (I can dream cant I !!)

DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »

Looking good Matt. Maybe movies will be easier though MyMovie or Media Browser ?
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2012, 11:37:43 AM »

Looking good Matt. Maybe movies will be easier though MyMovie or Media Browser ?

Heh, I was waiting for someone to suggest that Smiley
I'll look into it.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »

Heh, I was waiting for someone to suggest that
I'll look into it.

My vote goes for Media Browser, much better GUI and cheaper themes. Regular commands works, some are missing. Getting metadata and extra commands would be fenomenal.... Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: