My Device Forums
April 20, 2024, 04:06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ELK/NESS M1 driver released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a RTI Driver request: Is Doozer up for a challenge?  (Read 10984 times)
jjw2009
Regular

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »

Looking for a way to display Microsoft Outlook Calendar on a touch screen.  Something which can simulate the crestron wall mount.  I'm thinking of duplicating the MS office calendar on monthly/daily option then showing if the room is open/booked. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this guys. 
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »

I have actually already looked into this.  It's possible, but requires writing an Outlook and/or Exchange plugin to output the data.

So it's doable, all comes down to how much time i have spare and how well it's likely to sell.  If you're the only one interested it won't happen Smiley
jjw2009
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:49:04 AM »

I have two clients that would love this!  If i have this driver I can sell more touch screens 1 inside the room and 1 outside the room at the door.  There would be some debate about whether to make the data read only at the touchscreen so you couldn't just boot someone from using the room. 

I believe this type of driver falls into a different category then most standard drivers.  Because this is designed for larger commercial installs I believe there is a good support level of $100 for this driver.  For business installations, conference rooms office designs they typically are 30,000 and up.  $100 driver is relatively small when compared to other costs involved in the entire project. 

I'd love to hear other people's feedback or thoughts.  This sort of driver can help push the RTI platform into the business realm.  Typically for large scale designs it's all Crestron because they have this sort of feature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: