My Device Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:45:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ELK/NESS M1 driver released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Oppo BDP-83/BDP-83SE  (Read 65792 times)
jjw2009
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

Hey guys, Just got my Oppo93 in for a client... I am really really hoping the driver works with the 93.  Anyway i can help beta test this unit?  The install isnt for another week and wanted to see what this baby can really do. 
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »

The oppo driver is available for download here:
http://mydevice.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=10
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »

Moving this topic as the driver was released a while back.
jjw2009
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:42 PM »

Right on!  Cant wait to play with the Oppo Tomorrow Smiley
jjw2009
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

I can confirm that the Oppo83 driver will work with the Oppo93's.  93's all come with built in RS232 only way to control it, does not have IP.

I do have one question though, the only two variables i do not see are the name of the disc and the name of the chapter.  This is the best packaged, best reviewed Blu-Ray i have ever seen and with all the variables and feedback I am surprised they never figured a way to get that info outta the player either through online-content or just using the player's pure will to guess the info hehe.

Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »

Yeah too bad, otherwise the driver could fire off a request to IMDB.COM or something similar and get coverart etc.
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 03:57:14 AM »

Hi Matt.

Looks like Oppo added some additional commands to their RS-232 protocol.  I am planning to use your driver with an Oppo BDP-93, which uses the same command set as the BDP-83.  One command in particular, STC, updates the time display information and I don't see this command when I look at your driver.  There may be other additions as well, but I don't have access to the revision history.

Any thought of updating this driver to match the latest protocol (see link)?  If I issue the STC command using a regular RS-232 command in RTI, will your existing driver show the correct periodic time update based on what was sent with the STC command?

http://www.oppodigital.com/Download/BDP83/BDP83_RS232_Protocol_v2.1.pdf

Thanks,
Dino
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 08:09:47 AM »

Hi Dino,

I'll look into it.  I don't currently have an Oppo here so I might need your help to test it.

Thanks,
Matt.
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »

Sure, I can help test it out.  My Oppo is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Dino
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »

I got my BDP-93 on Saturday and got it working with the Oppo driver.  As far as I can tell, the only commands/status missing from the driver are the STC commands to change time display status, and variants of the UTC feedback that includes remaining time for title or chapter.  Can you confirm this?

I was able to get around the missing STC driver command, as I simply entered the command strings directly into ID using the generic RS232 send command.  I know these are working since the Oppo front panel display changes as expected to show remaining time, etc.  The driver however, must not recognize the other UTC "type" codes, as the time stamp updates stop on my T3-V when I change to anything other than elapsed time.

It seems like adding these last few features wouldn't be too much, and others may find them useful as well.  Other than that, the driver seems to be working very well!

Thanks,
Dino
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »

Another issue I noticed is that the query chapter status update doesn't always show the total number of chapters properly. Looking at the newer rs232 protocol versus an older one shows the new protocol uses a leading zero before single digit numbers.  For example, 03/10 for new, versus 3/10 for the old. Could this be causing any issues?  Actually, the leading zero is used for most of the status query commands, but those others are not showing issues that I can see.
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »

Hi Matt. Have you had a chance to look at this?

Thanks.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »

Hi Matt. Have you had a chance to look at this?

Thanks.

No sorry, very busy.
dinom
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »

Hi Matt.

Please look at this again when you can.  The one feature I would really like is for the driver to support the "remaining time" count.  As it stands, the driver is not working properly.  When I change the setup of the Oppo to show remaining time for the OSD, instead of elapsed time, the count on the remote just stops.  I would think other users of both the BDP-83 and BDP-93 are going to be seeing this issue if they update with the firmware that came out in December.

Thanks,
Dino
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »

Hi Matt.

Please look at this again when you can.  The one feature I would really like is for the driver to support the "remaining time" count.  As it stands, the driver is not working properly.  When I change the setup of the Oppo to show remaining time for the OSD, instead of elapsed time, the count on the remote just stops.  I would think other users of both the BDP-83 and BDP-93 are going to be seeing this issue if they update with the firmware that came out in December.

Thanks,
Dino

The problem is I no longer have an Oppo here to test this with.  Are you able to log the traffic coming from the Oppo?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: