My Device Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Global Cache driver for RTI released.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Media Center  (Read 98720 times)
speedownsie
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 09:09:56 PM »

There shouldn't be a problem with that, as I have gone into WMP and manually found album info for ones with missing coverart. This then puts metadata/.jpgs in the folder. However, the .jpgs are greyed out. I have my folder settings set to show hidden files and folders, so maybe it's permissions issue. The driver isn't allowed to see these .jpgs....

Ahh.Ok just dawned on me, I'm streaming across the LAN from a WHS 2011, setup with restricted folders.
I'll try tomorrow with local files that everyone can read and execute.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »

I think we need some insight from Matt how this driver aquiring cover art.
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »

I think we need some insight from Matt how this driver aquiring cover art.

Media Center works by creating an AlbumArt_<GUID>_Large.jpg file in the same folder as the album.

For example, I added my iTunes library to Media center, so in:
C:\Users\matt\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Ice Cube\War & Peace, Vol. 2 (The Peace Disc)

I see a (hidden) file called:
AlbumArt_{9ED18808-EB86-4200-9EFC-E60112A0174B}_Large.jpg

The plugin asks Media Center for the GUID of the song/album and builds the path, then serves it up via the web server.

The plugin does not in any way go out on the Internet looking for artwork.  If Media Center can't find it, neither will the plugin.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 08:51:37 AM »

Goy ya, have you looked into variables you added in last beta? I tried to use Music to pop hidden text boxes while playing album nd they didnt pop it .
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 09:09:46 AM »

Goy ya, have you looked into variables you added in last beta? I tried to use Music to pop hidden text boxes while playing album nd they didnt pop it .

Yes there were working fine here.  Can you display them on your iPad as a text value (say the Audio and Video ones) and see if the value changes from false to true when the media type changes?
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:03 AM »

Matt,

Variables are all good. Cover art for some of my albums are not displayed, will dig deeper to find out why. Every time you send new beta previous beta needs to be uninstalled before installed new one right?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:16:40 AM by DLPaul » Logged
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »

Matt,

Variables are all good. Cover art for some of my albums are not displayed, will dig deeper to find out why. Every time you send new beta previous beta needs to be uninstalled before installed new one right?

That is correct.
speedownsie
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »

I'm gonna need some direction to rectify this one.

I've got an Ipad, XP8, and T3V+. I can get the T3V+ to 'pull' the coverart, but it never gets pushed to it. e.g. If I change pages (i change to a page that has the wifi signal meter, so i can see the T3V+ is on the network) ...change pages from the cover art page to another page, then back again and the cover art  appears, as if it is being pulled from where it's being used. This is a problem, I've noticed if I stop the T3V+ from going idle by constantly pressing a button, rather changing pages - then at the same time, change the album/coverart being played with WMC, the coverart never gets updated.

The Ipad never gets coverart, but i'm assuming this is linked to the Ipads inabiity to deal with all of ID's objects.

My previous thought of file permissions being an issue turned out to have no bearing. So streaming / playing local files, playing .wmv with built in codec or .flac with 3rd party plug-in all give coverart.

speedownsie
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »

UPDATE:
I am ignoring the Ipad, as i've had no progress at all.

With the T3V+:

Got limited coverart.

I didn't make new pages, i took the existing radar dynamic objects and added the correct variable from beta 6. Then i linked a hardbutton to the page. So I have to first go to the weather page then a button links to the WMC coverart, none/keep aspect/stretch.
Turns out just changing pages gets the coverart to update - it has nothing to do with a remote connecting to an external ip(weather underground) as i suspected. I've got 2 routers, one behind the other. Thought there may be double nat/DNS issues.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 09:11:06 AM »

Actually it might have more to do with driver and correct coverart.jpg in album folder. I just spend 2 days with Matt to narrow down cover art issue. He have new updated beta 9, just PM him. I hope this will solve issue on your T3V.

And yes, my iPad does not display anything too ....
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »

No need, i'll be sending out a new beta for all to test with.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »

cool cool Matt, now the addons  Wink
speedownsie
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »

Great, cause after various PC restarts, and remotecontrol.exe re-installs I can't get coverart back.

WMC also responds to coverart named Folder.jpg, thought it was worth a mention as various media managers i've seen output it.
DLPaul
Regular

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »

Not sure bout that Speed, I had multiple cover art .jpg in folder and WMC seem to looking for only for file ending with Large.jpg
Matt
Administrator

It's my device...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »

Great, cause after various PC restarts, and remotecontrol.exe re-installs I can't get coverart back.

WMC also responds to coverart named Folder.jpg, thought it was worth a mention as various media managers i've seen output it.

If you're using 64 bit, it won't work until you get beta 9 (or higher).  We're doing some in house testing today and it'll go out later tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: